Sunday, July 2, 2017
On Saturday, we went to the Lyons All School Reunion Social on the Square and Car Show, which was part of their "all-school reunion" but was open to the whole town. They didn't have much of a carnival type thing going on like I thought they would, but they did have a little game with prizes for the kiddos. Which they let Lilith win twice. Then we got shaved ice from this cute little shaved ice place, and went shopping at the local thrift store. It was a good day overall!
Saturday, July 1, 2017
I've wanted to visit New Orleans ever since I first read an Anne Rice novel. I only wanted to go more when I learned of VooDoo, and became fond of drinking for fun. I would love to see the architecture, visit the museums, enjoy the nightlife, and see spots from Anne Rice's novels. I know that the food must be heavenly, and as a foodie, I think I would die of delight. It would indeed be a very do-able and grand vacation! I would definitely rather go in the cooler part of the year though!
(Follow the links below each picture for credit of photos.)
Friday, June 30, 2017
Monday, June 26, 2017
So, I've totally been shirking my duties with this blog. I'm posting this late, and it's all just because of how busy life is around here right now. Currently I'm helping prepare the hotel for a "All School Reunion", preparing for family coming to visit for a week, planning for Lilith's birthday in a week and a half, and moving work into a new office. It's definitely a lot, so in the evening I've been relaxing and reading Anne Rice novels instead of working on this blog or any other work that I really should be doing instead.
I'm hoping once family leaves and Lilith's birthday is over that everything will go back to normal and all kinds of normal tasks can be completed. Moving at work should be done around the 12th, and everything should be back to normal. I'm excited for all of the fun things going on right now, and it will provide a lot to post, but it's a bit overwhelming and I'll also be glad when it's over!
So, I just wanted to share my schedule with you all, so you can see the extent of the madness! :D
- Friday, June 30th: Moving Day at work! Packing everything and moving it down the street to our new building.
- Saturday, July 1st: Social on the Square in my hometown, with carnival games for kids, food, etc. Then my hubby will be leaving to go pick up his family in Oklahoma. Me and my daughter will be alone for the first time in ages.
- Sunday, July 2nd: Husband returns with family and we will be eating dinner at my parents' house (where the OK family will be staying the night).
- Monday, July 3rd: Work, then come home and clean a room for the OK family to stay in for the rest of the week. Then crafting and dinner and all kinds of fun (hopefully) with the OK Fam.
- Tuesday, July 4th: Independence Day (USA), we are going to an awesome celebration in the town where I work, with a parade and activities, and then a baby pageant that I want Lili to participate in.. (We'll see if she will do it, I'm not gonna force her..) Then dinner and fireworks in hometown at my uncle's house/hotel.
- Wednesday, July 5th: Back to work again, then home for dinner, more crafting and a movie night with the nieces!
- Thursday, July 6th: A half day at work, then going to a town 30 minutes away to visit the Cosmosphere (an amazing air and space museum).
- Friday, July 7th: Another half day at work, then going to a museum in my home town and then the city pool. A little "campout" later that night with hot dogs, s'mores and maybe tent camping for the nieces.
- Saturday, July, 8th: Lilith's birthday party day.. a whole craziness in itself. Setting up, having fun, and then cleaning up and heading home (hopefully to relax for a bit).
- Sunday, July, 9th: Husband drives family home; a busy day for him, as he will need to back the same day; hopefully me and Lilith will have a relaxing afternoon.
- Tuesday, July 11th: Finally move into my permanent location at work (we're waiting on cubicles to get here, so I'm going in a temporary location for now)... then normalcy! Fingers crossed!!!
So, yeah.. hopefully amongst all this chaos I'll be able to post some general blogs, and still keep up the normal posts. I will most likely post Lilith's birthday for the July 9th Sunday Funday post, and then back to our normal "programming". lol.
Wish me luck everyone!
Sunday, June 25, 2017
Friday night when I got home from work, my husband suggested we go to the "local" drive-in theatre. So, we loaded in the car, grabbed some snacks and drinks from the store, and made the 30 minute drive out to Kanopolis, Kansas. They were showing Cars 3 and Baby Boss (which I really wanted to see), as they always show family friendly movies. We got there early, anticipating that the sun would go down much sooner than it did. We were there for nearly 2 hours before the show started, but it was a good thing, because we got a fairly good view of the screen. It only cost us $8 per adult, and they gave our change back in two dollar bills, it was a nice touch!
We set up our chairs outside the car and enjoyed some snacks from the concessions, and Lilith played in the rocks (that girl loooves rocks). Finally the sun started to go behind the horizon, and it became a little chilly, so we got back in the car, and finally the movie started. We were there till nearly 1:30 in the morning, but it was totally worth it! Both movies were cute, and it was a really great start to a pretty good weekend! We will definitely be going again!
View on the way there. Definitely more hills this direction than where we live!
The town has quite a few old buildings, maybe we'll take a trip just to check them all out sometime.
Enjoying the ride!
Mr. Trey patiently waiting for the sun to go down. XD
Definitely the men's room. lol
Definitely needed some ice cream!
It was pretty good!
Then it finally started!! I wasn't expecting them to have their own little opening clip! They totally used old concession stand video during the intermission. Super rad!
Saturday, June 24, 2017
So, I have always wanted to visit Salem, ever since hearing about the witch trials. For all I know, I could have had ancestors who lived there originally. I've always thought that the whole history of that time was savage and crazy, much like the history of torture. That in itself would be awesome, but there is also a lot of great shopping, food, and art to be seen in Salem. Not to mention all of the modern witch shops. It would just be super awesome to be able to go! One day, I will definitely do it!!
Here are some photos I found (credit in the link below each photo):
Friday, June 23, 2017
Sooo, I've really been into pink lately. It started when I saw a few super cute pink things on Pinterest. So, I started a board to pin all of my pink things in, thinking that it wouldn't fill up. However, it became an obsession and I haven't been able to get pink pretties out of my mind. I'm under the impression that it is becoming my new favorite color next to black (as is obvious by design change on this blog). Now I've started thinking about having all pink outfits, and pink accessories of every type. I'm actually very positive about the fact that I will soon have one or two of these outfits, so I wanted to share these three outfits I came up with:
If you are interested in my pink items I found, they are on my pink wishlist on Amazon:
Ariah's Pink Wishlist
(A lot of the items are not currently available, so you will have to click on the item to see the pink version!)
And if you would like to see my Pink Pinterest board, here is the link:
Ariah's Pink Pin Board